19 September 2008

FOR JAMIE....

I have just returned from the sight of another SNP victory, as David Turner wins the Baillieston Council By-election, replacing John Mason. This of course makes David MacDonald the Senior SNP Councillor for the ward, which I am sure he would not have imagined when he was elected last year.

My thoughts however, turn to Jamie Williamson. For readers of my previous blog, Chris for pollok, will recall that Jamie passed away just weeks before the Holyrood election last year. Jamie of course was a father figure for many SNP members in the East of End of Glasgow, and beyond, and offered every encouragement of every SNP member. There was a poster in the campaign rooms during the Glasgow East by-election that said quite simply "lets do it for Jamie".

I make no apologies for sentiment. Jamie would have been so proud for us to win Glasgow East and then win the following Council By-election. I hope he is looking down on us, and feeling proud. Jamie we miss you.

No comments: